On December 7, 2022, HLN released a new version (v1.37.1) of the Immunization Calculation Engine (ICE) in support of significant updates to the COVID-19 vaccine group to align ICE with the latest immunization recommendations. Version 1.37.1 also includes updates to the Hepatitis B, Orthopoxvirus, and Pneumococcal vaccine groups. ICE is a state-of-the-art open source software system that provides clinical decision support for immunizations for use in Immunization Information Systems (IIS), Electronic Health Record (EHR), and Personal Health Record (PHR) Systems.
- Support for CVX 198 (DTP-Hep B-Hib Pentavalent Non-US)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Group
- Improved support for Novavax as a primary series option
- Added support for bivalent boosters for ages 5 and older
- Support for Novavax booster
- Addition of new vaccines: CVX 229, CVX 300, and CVX 301
- Hepatitis B Vaccine Group
- Support for the universal recommendation of Hepatitis B for adults age 19 through 59 years: new Hepatitis B 3-dose Adult Series
- Orthopoxvirus Vaccine Group
- Bug fix when two shots are administered on the same day
- Pneumococcal Vaccine Group
- Added support for PCV15 as an option for pneumococcal conjugate vaccination of persons age <19 years
- Updated the Pneumococcal Adult PPSV-PCV Series completion logic
The ICE Implementation Guide has been updated with the following new CVX codes: 229, 300, 301, and 198. A Google Sheet that lists all of the coded values in the Implementation Guide is also available.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the feature article about ICE in Open Health News.
Send us feedback about this blog