On December 7, 2022, HLN released a new version (v1.37.1) of the Immunization Calculation Engine (ICE) in support of significant updates to the COVID-19 vaccine group to align ICE with the latest immunization recommendations. Version 1.37.1 also includes updates to the Hepatitis B, Orthopoxvirus, and Pneumococcal vaccine groups. ICE is a state-of-the-art open source software system that provides clinical decision support for immunizations for use in Immunization Information Systems (IIS), Electronic Health Record (EHR), and Personal Health Record (PHR) Systems.
Version 1.37.1 includes the following updates, as noted in the Release Notes and ICE News Page.
- Support for CVX 198 (DTP-Hep B-Hib Pentavalent Non-US)
- COVID-19 Vaccine Group
- Improved support for Novavax as a primary series option
- Added support for bivalent boosters for ages 5 and older
- Support for Novavax booster
- Addition of new vaccines: CVX 229, CVX 300, and CVX 301
- Hepatitis B Vaccine Group
- Support for the universal recommendation of Hepatitis B for adults age 19 through 59 years: new Hepatitis B 3-dose Adult Series
- Orthopoxvirus Vaccine Group
- Bug fix when two shots are administered on the same day
- Pneumococcal Vaccine Group
- Added support for PCV15 as an option for pneumococcal conjugate vaccination of persons age <19 years
- Updated the Pneumococcal Adult PPSV-PCV Series completion logic
The ICE Implementation Guide has been updated with the following new CVX codes: 229, 300, 301, and 198. A Google Sheet that lists all of the coded values in the Implementation Guide is also available.
If you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
See the feature article about ICE in Open Health News.
Send us feedback about this blog