A new release (v 184.108.40.206) of the Immunization Calculation Engine (ICE) is now available (download ICE v 220.127.116.11). ICE is a state-of-the-art open-source software system that provides clinical decision support for immunizations (CDSi) for use in Immunization Information Systems (IIS), Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Personal Health Record (PHR) Systems.
The release includes the following changes:
- Added support for Meningococcal B.
- Support for Meningococcal B has been added as a new vaccine group, separate from the existing Meningococcal ACWY vaccine group. Meningococcal ACWY will continue to be returned as its own vaccine group.
- Implementers may need to modify their software to start looking for the new Meningococcal B vaccine group code (835).
- Logic fixes for HPV and Hep B vaccine groups.
- Addition of non-U.S. vaccine DTaP-IPV-Hib (CVX 170)
- Release notes that describe the latest changes in more detail
Please refer to the updated ICE Implementation Guide (v2r17) for information on how to make the appropriate adjustments to your software to be compatible with this release. The guide provides details about the new Meningococcal B vaccine group implementation as well as a few other vaccines and reason codes that have been added. In addition, a “tracked changes version” of this same guide is also available. The tracked changes are intended to make it easier to see what has changed since the prior release (v 18.104.22.168).
You can determine which release of ICE you are using by viewing the README.HISTORY file that is included with each distribution.
Please feel free to e-mail us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
See press release.